Rona's Wedding Thoughts

Thoughts on the institution of marriage, the insanity of the wedding industry, the small joys and large annoyances of wedding planning, and the pulse of love that's at the heart of why I'm doing this.

Thursday, December 6, 2007

And on a Different Note

Just yesterday I felt like things were moving smoothly with wedding stuff---then today I feel stressed out again. It's like that with me and big event planning. But after attending and participating in the Rockwood Leadership program last week and taking a good hard look at how I react to any work situation (and no doubt, wedding planning is work), I'm trying to refine and revise my approach to planning big events. I don't like having those stressed-out, insomnia-inducing moments where all I want to do is focus on some aspect of the planning for three hours (usually from 2am to 5am, resulting in serious fatigue at work the day after). It's not a healthy or fun way to be.

I'm trying to just breathe through my anxiety, to keep telling myself that it'll all be okay. And for some reason, right now, I just don't really feel like doing wedding planning work. There, I said it. And lightning has not struck me from above (knock on wood). Everything's gonna be all right. Sooner or later I'm going to really believe those words.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home