Rona's Wedding Thoughts

Thoughts on the institution of marriage, the insanity of the wedding industry, the small joys and large annoyances of wedding planning, and the pulse of love that's at the heart of why I'm doing this.

Sunday, June 29, 2008

Can I Stay Away From my Spreadsheet?

I'm at a self-designed writing retreat (meaning, no externally-imposed schedule or structure, meaning I gotta keep myself on task, no mean feat) in the Santa Cruz mountains this weekend, and I'm doing my best at not letting myself spend all the time I have here doing wedding planning. I did take a peek at my wedding workbook in Excel last night (all ten tabs of it! Yes, I am a planning freak!), but I only made a few minor changes to the budget and then I put it away after a few minutes.

It does help that I don't have any internet access in my cabin and therefore can't spend time surfing the web for the perfect pair of shoes--I'm looking for ivory or silver wedge-heel, no-platform, satin heels with open toes if you know of any nice pairs that cost less than $100--or jewelry--something with pearls.

It's a good thing. I need to get my writing done. It feels good too. And when I go back home in a couple days, the wedding and everything that I need to get done for it will still be there, waiting for me.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home