Rona's Wedding Thoughts

Thoughts on the institution of marriage, the insanity of the wedding industry, the small joys and large annoyances of wedding planning, and the pulse of love that's at the heart of why I'm doing this.

Thursday, February 14, 2008

Six Years and Counting

So, as of today (roughly--we celebrate our anniversaries on Valentine's Day just to not have so many holidays smushed up against each other, as both of our birthdays and our Mom's birthdays are around Christmas/New Year's), H. and I have been together for six, count 'em, SIX years.

All I can say is, Wow. It's the longest I've been with one person (my next-longest relationship was four years long) and I have to say, maybe it's just because of the novelty and fun of wedding planning right now, but I really do feel like our lives together, our relationship, has just begun (cue Carpenters song here). It's been a fascinating, lovely, romantic, crazy, emotional, challenging, moonlight-flooded, intense, fun, laughter-filled, sexy, sometimes volatile, sometimes chaotic, beautiful, musical, sunlit, frustrating, enlightening, at times overwhelming but overall extremely satisfying six years with H., I have to say, and I'm only looking forward to many more years with him as we start this next phase of our life together as a married couple.

Thank you, H., for all that you've brought to my life, to my healing and to my community of friends and family. You are my everything, and I love you.


Me and H. letting the little kid in both of us come out to play.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home