Rona's Wedding Thoughts

Thoughts on the institution of marriage, the insanity of the wedding industry, the small joys and large annoyances of wedding planning, and the pulse of love that's at the heart of why I'm doing this.

Sunday, January 27, 2008

And Away We Go!

H. and I had our first planning meeting today over brunch with our fabulous crew of friends who are going to be in the ceremony and help us make the big day happen. I feel so blessed to have such an amazing group of people in our lives and helping us plan our wedding. And if this first brunch is any indication, our wedding's going to be a blast! We had some yummy food--homefries, veggie and maple chicken sausages and scrambled eggs with spinach--cooked by H. to perfection, then we did some fun story-sharing about how we'd all met each other and then we did some brainstorming and planning. THEN, my good friend A., by request, did an impromptu salsa dance lesson, which surprisingly everyone participated in. It was so much fun and totally reflected me and H.'s values: music, friendship, good food, dancing and just a generally grand time had by all.

Here's a picture of the impromptu salsa lesson:


And what a talented and connected group of folks this is: my other friend AR can get us a hookup on a digital projector which we'll use for a slideshow and even offered to help GROW some flowers so we wouldn't have to buy as many for the wedding; MR is the decorations and flower diva; two friends named A. are helping to settle on a reception venue (see my earlier panicked post), and everyone pitched in to help do our Save the Date postcard mailing. A. and N.'s new Baby K. (all of four months old!) made us all coo and smile with his cute lil' self as well.

And of course I was the event coordinating queen and had easel pad paper up to help us all with the planning structure (I can't help myself, I love event planning!):




We had a great time and look forward to more meetings like this one--where we can really be ourselves and have others help us visualize and manifest our wedding in meaningful and fun ways. Being around our friends today made me realize how lucky H. and I are, and how amazing our life already is, and how amazing it will be post-September 20. Blessed indeed.

Labels: , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home